Social media is not used or barely used by many companies that could benefit from a social presence. Facebook is the most popular social media platform and the one most businesses either want to, or should, explore.
If you already have a Facebook page, or you’ve just created one, the next step is attracting people to your brand. The best way to keep people AWAY from your page is to constantly post nothing other than product information or sales without personality. You also will drive people away by flooding their newsfeeds with a barrage of posts each day. So post wisely and provide as much value as possible with each post. With that in mind, here are 10 ideas to improve your social media marketing on Facebook:
- Share current information. People want to see what’s going on in your world. If you’re making public appearances, conducting special events, or interacting with your community in a hands-on way, let your online following know!
- Engage with your audience. Respond to posts and messages. This helps foster a community spirit, shows people you respect them, and also helps to ensure that posts with a lot of engagement will appear on fans’ newsfeeds.
- Link to blog posts. Grab a fact or an enticing headline-like phrase to serve as a teaser so people are tempted to click and learn more.
- Incorporate other social channels into your strategy. Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, and Instagram are incredibly popular.
- Don’t automate posts between platforms. Keep your posts original, even if they are linking to your other social media sites.
Of course, these tips are only the beginning. We can help you turn your Facebook page into an online community and resource for your business. Learn more from our social media experts today.